Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hatchet Lit. Circle Reflection

I was paired with a difficult group to deal with. But they helped me in a way that I did not realize. They all showed me different perspectives about how they think the pilot got sick or why the mother gave Brian the big hatchet. Our discussions weren't always productive. But when they were, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing what others saw in the character by not always agreeing with what one person said or looking at the opposite of what happened.

I, of course, could not relate to such a situation like that. But, I could relate to how others in my group felt about the discussion. For example, Nick, showed me that Brian knew more than he actually thought he did. And that often happens to me. I have an ability that I don't realize until I get put to the test. My group was different, but helped me see the book in another way.

I predict that Brian will crash the plane in the forest. But since he isn't that great or experienced of a pilot, he will get trapped in the plane when it crashes. I also think that he will become a real tree hugger because he probably learns what berries to eat and what plants not to touch. I think he will become very connected to the earth and forest. I also think that he will be saved at the end.

I really enjoyed hearing the other's opinions and thoughts. I am also really enjoying the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment